This post describes a methodology for exploring the data on your iPhone/iPad that you have captured using Fieldtrip GB. Why might you want to do this? Well there are a couple of reasons:
- You have cleaned your Dropbox account and deleted the records
- Some of the data didn’t seem to upload to Dropbox*
* we have had 1 user report that some of their photos did not transfer to DropBox during “Upload Records”. This is odd and may be as a result of a patchy data connection.
- Download iExplore – this is a free utility for your desktop that allows you to explore the file system on your iPhone
- Instal iExplore
- Open iExplore – click continue with Demo
- Connect iPhone/iPad to your computer
- In the navigation on the left select Apps –> Fieldtrip GB –> Documents –> Edina –> Assets
- You should see a folder for each asset you have created.
- You can copy these to your Desktop or directly to Dropbox if you have a Dropbox folder on your Desktop
This should allow Apple users to find and retrieve data that they have collected using Fieldtrip GB without having to use the Upload Records function. However, we would still strongly recommend using the Upload Records function and then access the data through the FtGB Authoring Tool.